Opening times and closures
The Painted Hall, Chapel & Visitor Centre
Daily | 10am-5pm (last entry 4.30pm)
We run talks throughout the day in the Painted Hall as well as daily tours that are all included in the price of your ticket; simply join a tour on the day.
600 Years of History Tours
Daily | 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Blockbuster Film Tours
Saturdays and Sundays | 12:30pm, 2:30pm
Thursdays | 11am, 1pm
Selected dates, please check What’s On
Please click here for more information on tours and talks.
When we are hosting special events, we sometimes need to close areas early. Any early or partial closures will be published on our website below, in advance.
The Painted Hall and Undercroft Cafe will close:
- Saturday 23 September – early closure, 3.30pm
- Friday 29 September – early closure, 3.30pm
- Saturday 7 October – early closure, 3.30pm
- Monday 9 October – early closure, 3pm
- Tuesday 10 October – all day
- Thursday 19 October – early closure, 3pm
- Saturday 21 October – early closure, 3.30pm
- Thursday 16 November – all day
- Saturday 18 November – early closure, 3.30pm
- Wednesday 29 November – all day
- Saturday 2 December – early closure, 3.30pm
- Monday 4 December – all day
- Tuesday 5 – Friday 8 December – partial closure, upper hall closed only
- Sunday 24 – Tuesday 26 December – all day
Aside from special ceremonies and weddings which lead to closures on certain occasions, the Chapel is undergoing necessary work to the lighting system in the next few weeks. In September, we are upgrading the system to install LEDs which emit less heat, have a longer lifespan and improve environmental performance overall.
The Chapel will close:
- 23-27 October – all day
- 12-13 December – all day