How to get here
By Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
Cutty Sark DLR is a three minute walk away from the Old Royal Naval College.
The DLR connects to a number of other transport options at the following stations:
- London Underground (tube): change at Bank to connect to Central, Northern and Waterloo and City lines. You can also change at Bank for Monument station which connects to the District and Circle lines. Canary Wharf connects to the Jubilee line. You can change at Tower Gateway for District and Circle lines from Tower Hill station.
- Trains: Lewisham, Stratford, Limehouse, Greenwich and Lewisham all connect to different train lines which connect to a number of railway lines connecting London with the surrounding areas.
By London Underground (tube)
Take the Jubilee Line to Canary Wharf and change to the DLR. You can also take the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich (the O2) and then take either bus 188 or 129 which stop outside the Old Royal Naval College on Romney Road.
Arrive in style by taking a riverboat service along the Thames to Greenwich Pier. Boats leave regularly from Putney, the London Eye, Westminster, Embankment and Tower Piers. Journey time is approximately 45 minutes from Central London. Boats also run between Greenwich Pier and the O2 at North Greenwich Pier.
Greenwich Station is only 8 minutes by train from London Bridge. Old Royal Naval College is also a short walk from Maze Hill train station.
Mainline rail services run from Cannon Street, London Bridge and Dartford to Greenwich (South Eastern) and twice an hour (once an hour at weekends) from Luton, West Hampstead, Kings Cross St Pancras, Farringdon, Blackfriars and stations from Rainham, Kent (Thameslink).
You can also take the DLR from Greenwich Station for one stop to Cutty Sark DLR.
- 129 North Greenwich (O2) – Greenwich
- 177 Peckham – New Cross – Deptford Bridge – Greenwich – Woolwich – Thamesmead
- 180 Lewisham – Greenwich – Woolwich – Plumstead – Abbey Wood – Thamesmead
- 188 Russell Square – Aldwych – Waterloo – Elephant and Castle – Surrey Quays – Greenwich
- 199 Canada Water – Greenwich – Lewisham – Catford
- 286 Sidcup – Eltham – Kidbrooke – Greenwich
- 386 Woolwich – Shooters Hill – Greenwich (Mon – Sat)
The Old Royal Naval College is a short walk from Greenwich and Maze Hill train stations and Greenwich and Cutty Sark DLR stations.
The Tourist Information Desk located in our Visitor Centre has maps highlighting some of the best walks around the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site.
A dedicated cycle path through the Old Royal Naval College runs right along the riverside. The cycle path runs from the Lewin Gate at Cutty Sark Gardens to the Trafalgar Gate at Park Row. There are cycle racks outside the Visitor Centre and The Old Brewery.
Please note that there is limited parking in Greenwich, particularly at weekends and we encourage you to use public transport if possible. Paid car parking is available in Park Row (SE10 9NL) and Cutty Sark Gardens.