What will I be doing?
We usually have a range of volunteer roles; see current opportunities below.
As a volunteer, you might:
- Welcome and assist our visitors
- Lead tours showcasing the history of the Old Royal Naval College
- Fund-raise to support our conservation programme
- Assist our learning and interpretation team
- Provide behind-the-scenes office support
What training and support will I get?
We want you to get the most out of your time volunteering with us. Full induction and training is provided and you will be given support whenever you need it.
Training may include:
- Ways to engage with our visitors
- An introduction to the history of the Old Royal Naval College
- How to give effective talks and handling sessions
- How to ask for donations
- How to assist young learners and families
There are also plenty of opportunities to meet other volunteers and staff members at social events.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All roles are subject to references and some may require an enhanced DBS check.
Why volunteer with us?
– Emily, Volunteer, 2021
How to apply
We are recruiting volunteers all year round in recruitment blocks for visitor-facing roles including Tour Guide and Visitor Host, so please fill in our volunteer application form to apply and someone from our team will get in touch with you shortly.
To learn more about our current volunteer position openings read the role descriptions below.