Volunteers are an essential part of our team, working with all departments in both front-of-house and office-based roles. Volunteering with us is a great way to learn news skills, gain new experiences and learn more about our fascinating site. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the currently open volunteering opportunities.
What will I be doing?
We usually have a range of volunteer roles, see the current opportunities below.
As a volunteer, you might:
- Welcome and assist our visitors
- Lead tours showcasing the history of the Old Royal Naval College
- Fund-raise to support our conservation programme
- Assist our learning and interpretation team
- Provide behind-the-scenes office support
What training and support will I get?
We want you to get the most out of your time volunteering with us. Full induction and training is provided and you will be given support whenever you need it.
Training may include:
- Ways to engage with our visitors
- An introduction to the history of the Old Royal Naval College
- How to give effective talks and handling sessions
- How to ask for donations
- How to assist young learners and families
There are also plenty of opportunities to meet other volunteers and staff members at social events.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All roles are subject to references and some may require an enhanced DBS check.
Why volunteer with us?
How to apply
There are currently no volunteering opportunities available at the moment, but we do update our website regularly, so come back soon!
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 020 8269 4794 for more information.