Secret Tours: The Wren Dome
SOLD OUT | New tickets on sale soon
In the year that we celebrate the design genius of Sir Christopher Wren, the Old Royal Naval College is inviting visitors to climb the steps high inside the Chapel dome for an exclusive tour. Only six people at a time with an expert guide will be able to see and hear about the creation of this remarkable building and its historic turret clock.
The experience of ascending the narrow winding stone staircase to see the skeleton of Wren’s work and then look out across the roof tops at a 360° view of Greenwich and across to central London, is remarkable. The Dome Tour lasts approximately 45 minutes, and the ticket also includes entry to the Painted Hall.
More tickets will released soon. Sign up here for exclusive first access.
Important information, please read before you book:
- You must be fit enough to ascend and descend 125 steps
- This tour includes uneven surfaces and narrow passageways, you must wear sensible footwear. High heels, open toe sandals or stiletto shoes are not permitted
- It is advisable to wear practical clothes – trousers and shorts rather than skirts and dresses
- Due to restricted spaces, please do not bring large bags or backpacks. If needed, please ask about luggage storage at the Visitor Centre. In case of inclement weather, there will be space to store coats and umbrellas
- If you have concerns about your ability to undertake the tour or you suffer from any of the following medical conditions, please consult a medical professional who can advise you before booking (including, but not limited to): heart or circulation problems, claustrophobia, vertigo, respiratory disease, epilepsy or if you are pregnant
- We encourage you to bring personal phones and DSLR cameras. However, large lenses, professional equipment or selfie sticks are not permitted
- Due to the constraints of the dome, accessible tours, including step-free access are not available
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted on this tour. Children between aged 14 – 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Water (in closed containers) is permitted, but other food or drink is not allowed. Please note that there are no toilet facilities during the course of this tour
- Bookings are non-refundable or changeable
- We reserve the right to postpone tours (and reschedule for a later date) dependant on weather condition