Blockbuster Film Tours
Saturdays & Sundays | 12.30pm & 2.30pm
Tickets: £15, included in admission ticket
Old Royal Naval College, London SE10 9NN
Blockbuster Film Tours run every Saturday and Sunday at 12.30pm and 2.30pm until 17 March, 2024. From 21 March onwards, tours will run on Thursdays and Sundays at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
Tours should be booked in advance. Book now to select your preferred date.
Step into the mesmerising world of Hollywood magic in this fascinating tour of what’s been called “the most popular filming location in the world.” (Empire magazine).
You’ll embark on a captivating journey through almost 100 years of Painted Hall. Our knowledgeable guides will reveal the tricks of the trade and share intriguing behind-the-scenes tales that will leave you amazed.some of the most unforgettable cinematic moments shot on our picturesque riverside grounds and inside the awe-inspiring
During the tour, you’ll discover remarkable highlights, such as:
- The exact spot where Buckingham Palace was recreated for The Crown (2016 – present).
- The setting for revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables (2012).
- Old Royal Naval College’s heroic role as a crashed spacecraft battleground in Thor: The Dark World (2013).
- The romantic waltz of a handsome couple in the iconic scene from Indiscreet, filmed in a replica Painted Hall in 1958.
- The outstanding performances of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady (2011) and Emma Stone as Cruella in Disney’s 2021 delve into the villainess’ backstory.
- The very location in the Painted Hall where Nigel Hawthorne became King George in The Madness of King George (1994), watched over by his forebear George I, depicted in the famous painting.
- The exact spot where Rowan Atkinson delivered the classic line, “Repeat after me, I do take thee, Lydia Jane Hibbott, to be my awful wedded wife,” in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994).
Film tours last 60 minutes and are part of your overall admission ticket including entry to the Painted Hall, the Victorian Skittle Alley and other talks and tours. Tickets can be converted to an annual pass either online or at the Visitor Centre on the day of your visit free of charge.
**Please note: This tour takes place mainly outdoors, so we recommend dressing accordingly, especially during cold weather conditions**
What’s included in my ticket?
Your ticket includes access to the Painted Hall, Skittle Alley, all our tours – including 600 years of history tours, and Painted Hall talks – as well as use of our multimedia guides. Find out more about what’s here and plan your visit.
Convert your ticket into an Annual Pass for no extra cost and you can visit for free all year.
Simply convert any adult, concession* or ArtPass ticket into an Annual Pass by asking at the ticket desk or via the QR code given on arrival and you’ll have access to the Painted Hall, exhibitions, tours, Discover Greenwich and more for 12 months at no extra cost.
*Excluding Universal Credit and First Sunday tickets. General Admission tickets bought from third-party websites or resellers are not eligible to be converted into an Annual Pass.