Hire the Painted Hall
300 Theatre Style with stage
Get in touch
The awe inspiring Painted Hall is available for evening hire and particularly suited to large gala dinners, awards dinners and drinks receptions.
Treat your guests to genuine wow factor when they are called to dinner and are treated to the big reveal of the epic baroque interior.
Enjoy a meal befitting of the exquisite surroundings, delivered with impeccable service. Should you wish to have an after-dinner party, then the Queen Mary or King William Undercroft can host a bar and dancing.
Whether you join us for dinner or for a drinks reception, we can help you get the most from your event; perhaps you would like an onsite guide on hand to offer an illuminating interpretation of the Thornhill paintings which adorn the hall. We can also suggest a variety of gifts or guidebooks to purchase as mementos for guests.
We offer weddings as a package which includes a wedding breakfast and drinks reception. We ask for a minimum of 80 guests for a Painted Hall wedding. If your wedding party be smaller than this, we suggest you choose the equally charming, but smaller, Admiral’s House.
- The Painted Hall is open to the public from 10am, weddings can take place after 4.30pm
- Please see our suppliers’ page for information regarding Asian Catering.
- We regret it is not possible to hire the Painted Hall on a “ceremony-only” basis.
- Due to the historical nature of the venue, we cannot allow any candles, naked flames or confetti.
Good to know
The Painted Hall is open to the public from 10:00 am, 7 days a week. The earliest venue hire access to the Hall is 5pm. Should earlier access be required, this is strictly at the discretion of the Old Royal Naval College Management.
- CH&Co Catering is the contracted caterer for the Old Royal Naval College.
- The venue is not available for dry hire.
- No naked flames, including candles.
- Dancing is not permitted in the Painted Hall so will take place in the Undercroft below.
- The maximum capacity for the Painted Hall is 400 guests, seated or standing.
The Old Royal Naval College is London’s ultimate riverside wedding location, perfect at any time of year.Find out more