Film & TV Location Tour
Last Saturday & Sunday of every month at 1:30pm
Old Royal Naval College, King William Walk, Greenwich SE19 9NN
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of ‘the most popular filming location in the world‘ (Empire magazine).
Tours run on the last weekend of every month. Please click “BOOK NOW” to select your preferred date.
From a starring role as Buckingham Palace in The Crown to 19th century revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables, the Old Royal Naval College has provided the setting for some of the most memorable scenes in major film and TV productions. On this tour you will be guided through over 60 years of filming both on our iconic riverside grounds and inside the magnificent Painted Hall.
Tour highlights include:
- Spot the locations being used in place of Buckingham Palace’s courtyard in The Crown (2016-2019)
- Inside the Painted Hall, see where Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman waltzed the night away in Indiscreet (1958)
- Walk in the footsteps of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady (2011) and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides (2011)
- View the Painted Hall backdrop for a scene in The Madness of King George (1994) cleverly chosen for its paintings depicting George I, the great grandfather of King George III.
- Visit Lower Grand Square which hosted a crashed spacecraft in a climactic battle scene in Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- In the Chapel, view the wedding venue of Rowan Atkinson’s famous performance in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
Tours are currently limited to 5 people per tour.
Tours last 60 minutes and include entry into the Painted Hall and Victorian Skittle Alley.