Blockbuster Film Tour
Step into the mesmerising world of Hollywood magic in this fascinating tour of what’s been called “the most popular filming location in the world.” (Empire magazine).
You’ll embark on a captivating journey through over 90 years of filming, including some of the most unforgettable cinematic moments shot on our picturesque riverside grounds and inside the awe-inspiring Painted Hall. Our knowledgeable guides will reveal the tricks of the trade and share intriguing behind-the-scenes tales that will leave you amazed.
During the tour, you’ll discover remarkable highlights, such as:
- The exact spot where Buckingham Palace was recreated for The Crown (2016 – present).
- The setting for revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables (2012).
- Old Royal Naval College’s heroic role as a crashed spacecraft battleground in Thor: The Dark World (2013).
- The romantic waltz of a handsome couple in the iconic scene from Indiscreet, filmed in a replica Painted Hall in 1958.
- The outstanding performances of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady (2011) and Emma Stone as Cruella in Disney’s 2021 delve into the villainess’ backstory.
- The very location in the Painted Hall where Nigel Hawthorne became King George in The Madness of King George (1994), watched over by his forebear George I, depicted in the famous painting.
- The exact spot where Rowan Atkinson delivered the classic line, “Repeat after me, I do take thee, Lydia Jane Hibbott, to be my awful wedded wife,” in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994).
Film tours last 60 minutes and are part of your overall admission ticket including entry to the Painted Hall, the Victorian Skittle Alley and other talks and tours. Tickets can be converted to an annual pass either online or at the Visitor Centre on the day of your visit free of charge.
Book your tour
Film tours must be booked in advance. Your ticket includes entry to the Painted Hall, the Victorian Skittle Alley and other talks and tours.
Tickets can be converted to an annual pass either online or at the Visitor Centre on the day of your visit free of charge.