Take part in a facilitated session or contact us as a self-led group.
Home Schooled Groups
We welcome home educated groups for both self-led visits and our facilitated workshops. There are some considerations to be aware of when booking.
- We can take a maximum of 20 children and 10 adults
- The minimum number of pupils we can take for a workshop is 10
- To guarantee a good learning experience for children, the maximum learning age range of the group can be no greater than 2 years, eg. Y3-4, Y4-5, Y5-6
- There must be a nominated supervisor in attendance who is responsible for the group
- Please advise us of any special educational needs of children in the group at the time of booking
- For Health and Safety reasons only one wheelchair user can be in the Painted Hall at any one time
To find out more about our facilitated workshops please visit the pages below to see the sessions for the different school years and key stages.
Reception and key stage 1
Explore our hands-on cross-curricular workshops for reception and Key Stage 1 inspired by the art, history and architecture of the Old Royal Naval College.Find out more
Key stage 3 and above
Enjoy engaging learning activities for Key Stage 3, including an opportunity to sketch in the Painted Hall.
If you would like to bring a key stage 4 or 5 group, we would be happy to arrange a visit. Please get in touch to arrange this.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
We run an exciting programme of workshops for primary and secondary SEND schools in the summer and autumn terms linking to the history of our amazing site.Find out more about sessions and dates
English for Speakers of Other Languages
With our in-house ESOL expertise and tutor resources, a visit to the Old Royal Naval College is a rewarding experience for English language learners of all levels.Find out more
If you are interested in bringing your community group to the Old Royal Naval College for either a self-led or facilitated visit, please complete our booking enquiry form.Fill in our booking enquiry form